We met in a classroom full of people who didn’t want to be there. We became friends over a conversation about basketball and eating cereal. We bonded over Pretty Little Liars, and then this day all of a sudden came…
I never knew what it would feel like to watch someone you care for so much get married. I guess thats what is going to happen this weekend. I’m scared, horrified, my insides are crawling just thinking about the fact that you’re giving your all to another woman that I’m not even sure you can stay faithful to…
I don’t know what to do, I don’t know what to say. All I can think about is how much it is going to kill me to see your smile when she walks out in that white dress. I keep thinking that maybe you’ll change your mind, but we all know that isn’t going to happen. You have a point to prove, and not only to your family and friends, but to yourself.
Thats the thing about you that I’ve noticed more than anyone else. You don’t need to prove anything to anyone but yourself anymore. YOU have to talk yourself into things and out of things because YOU have to make YOU believe it. Everyone else is just following behind, trying to make sure you don’t screw it up but almost sure that you will.
You became my best friend out of no where. You pushed me when you saw the potential I didn’t know I had. You yelled at me when I was being naive and stupid. You hugged me and loved me when I needed someone to pick me up. I did the same for you.
But now, you’re going to watch her walk down the aisle of my dreams, with me watching from a seat on the crowd,
You’re getting married, but I can promise we’ll both be crying. Though yours will be tears of joy, mine will be because I miss you. I miss you all the time, I miss you when you’re standing right in front of me. Because YOU are not the YOU I once knew.
Marriage? Good luck with that.
- One of the first women to start her own independent production company.
- Earned her way to stardom without sleeping with executives for roles.
- Refused to date people for publicity just because 20th Century Fox wanted her to.
- Left 20th Century Fox because she refused to let them get away with treating her badly and paying her a tiny wage, just because of her “dumb blonde” image.
- Was only paid a fraction of her co-star’s wage even though she was the star of the movies and the biggest box office pull, but still went ahead with the movies because she was so passionate about acting.
- Studied method acting at the Actors Studio with Lee Strasberg, who said that she was one of his best students along with Marlon Brando.
- Had a personal library of over 500 books and rarely read fiction - she was desperate to learn and educate herself.
- Was sexually abused as a child but then went on to encourage the sexual liberation of women in the 1950s.
- One of the first people to speak openly about sexual abuse.
- One of the first people to openly support gay rights.
- Supported many charities such as the Milk Fund, March of Dimes, Arthritis and Rheumatism foundation.
- Donated her time and money to these charities.
- Visited orphanages and hospitals on her own time to surprise the people there.
- Married one of the greatest literary minds of the 20th century
- Suffered two miscarriages and one ectopic pregnancy and still put on a brave face for her fans.
Sorry, did you say she wasn’t a role model?
marilyn is my biggest role model so don’t even go there
and let’s not forget this
Ella Fitzgerald was not allowed to play at the popular Mocambo, in Hollywood, because of her race. Marilyn, who loved her music and supported civil rights, called the owner of the Mocambo and told him that if he booked Ella immediately, she would take a front table every night. The owner said yes, and Marilyn was there, front table, every night. After that, Ella never had to play in a small jazz club again.
"She was an unusual woman – a little ahead of her times. And she didn’t know it." - Ella Fitzgerald about Marilyn Monroe
OH SHIT YOU JUST GOT SERVED
I got goosebumps reading this. Amazing.
Just another example of a woman who suffered from rumors about being a whore spread by a man with a small penis.
Shailene Woodley attends the European Premiere of ‘Divergent’ at Odeon Leicester Square on March 30, 2014 in London, England.
There are a number of students in my GCSE class that have behavioural issues and if they feel uncomfortable they can do anything from storm out of the classroom to throwing chairs and punching their tables. They’re great kids, they just dont always see the light at the end of the tunnel and when they are in stressful situations they dont know what to do other than lash out sometimes. They are 10 months away from their final exams and the pressure is being mounted on them in every aspect of their school lives.
Last week one of the students saw me making little origami stars. Its something I do when I’m feeling anxious to help me focus on something else. He asked if I could show him how to make them. He had been clenching his fists all lesson, which I’ve noticed is a tell that he is struggling to retain composure. I gave him a strip of paper and talked it through with him. Soon half of the class were asking me to show them. They all picked it up really quickly.
After about five minutes and about 8 stars later, the student sat back down and was in a much calmer and motivated mood for the rest of the lesson. Our next lesson I placed a box of paper strips on my desk and when I saw anyone getting worked up about their work I silently placed a strip in front of them and let them get on with it. The lesson after I was amazed to see that students would go up to the box of their own accord, pick up a few strips and head back to their desks to continue working after calming down.
Yesterday I brought a large jar into the classroom and placed my anxiety stars in there. The boys put their strsss stars in there too. When they fill the jar I’m going to bring sweets into the lesson to celebrate them working hard and working through their problems in a positive manner. I know I’m not the teacher they deserve just yet but I feel like I’ve made a big breakthrough with them.
art therapy is important.
art therapy is best therapy
I need to learn how to do this.
Fangirl challenge + 1/20 movies: Remember Me (2010).
“Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it’s very important that you do it. Because nobody else will. Like when someone comes into your life and half of you says, “You’re nowhere near ready”. And the other half says, “Make her yours forever”. Michael, Caroline asked me what would I say if I knew you could hear me. I said: “I do know. I love you. God, I miss you, and I forgive you.”
Norman Reedus | "I wanted to be Sean Penn. Gary Oldman too. I still do."